Drummer Boy Camping Resort1300 Hanover Street Gettysburg, PA 17325
Drummer Boy Camping Resort1300 Hanover Street Gettysburg, PA 17325
Drummer Boy Camping Resort is the premier destination for our campers who are in search of unparalleled customer service. We are small enough to remain friendly, yet big enough to provide all the amenities our guests have come to expect. In addition, we provide a wide variety of recreational activities for your entire family to enjoy.
Our camping resort offers 95 acres of wooded campgrounds and cabins in Gettysburg PA. We have over 400 sites available for seasonal and short term rental. For the customer that wants to be in luxury we have cabins, cottages, and lofts.
Drummer Boy is within minutes of battlefield tours, ghost walks and newly constructed visitor center. We are conveniently located within easy driving to many area attractions in Washington D.C., Baltimore MD., Lancaster and Hershey Pennsylvania.
All scheduled activities, events, and entertainment are subject to change or cancel without notice due to covid-19 restrictions.
Whether you're planning a retreat for the whole family, a group of friends or a getaway for two, there's no shortage of unique activities to explore at Drummer Boy Camping Resort. Plan activities upon arrival or visit this page before your departure to plan ahead. Looking for more? Our friendly staff can fill you in on all of the great ways to make your stay a memorable experience.
We currently offer the following activities:
- Arts & Crafts
- Bingo/Card Playing
- Catch and Release Fishing
- Children's Playground
- Kids Activities
- Live Entertainment
- Mini Golf
- Planned Activities
Our cancellation policies have been temporarily updated due to COVID-19. Please click here to review the new policies.
COVID-19 Liability Disclaimer
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious.
This property has put in place enhanced health and safety measures intended to reduce the spread of COVID-19. You must adhere to all property rules, as well as all health advisories issued by relevant governmental and health authorities, relating to COVID-19 social distancing and hygiene practices during your stay with us.
However, there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any public place and there is no guarantee that you will not become infected with COVID-19.
By your entry upon the property, you voluntarily assume, on behalf of yourself and any minors in your custody, all risks related to the exposure of COVID-19, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after entry upon the property. Neither the property nor any of its affiliates shall be responsible for any exposure to COVID-19.
Let’s keep our community safe and healthy.
General Policies & Information
Check-in/Check-out & Hours
- RV Site/Rental check-in: 3 p.m.
- Rental check-out: 11 a.m.
- RV Site check-out: 1 p.m.
- Business office (Mon – Thu): 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Business office (Fri – Sat): 9 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Business office (Sun): 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Quiet hours: 11 p.m. - 8 a.m.
- Minimum check-in age is 21 years.
- Guests aged 17 years and under at the time of check-in are considered children.
- Pools: Open Memorial Day – Labor Day. Hours vary depending on the season.
- Waterslide: 12 noon – 7 p.m.; Jun 22 – Aug 13: Weekdays; Memorial Day – Labor Day: Fri-Sun.
After Hours Arrival
- If your plans change and you need to arrive outside the normal business hours, please refer to your confirmed reservation information.
Pet Policy & Associated Fees
- Pets are permitted, but please contact us directly about pets before arrival.
- Two (2) pets total and only permitted in designated “pet friendly” cabins and cottages.
- $150 clean up fee applied if pets are found inside property buildings.
- All pets must be kept on a leash (no longer than 6’) and under the control of the pet owner at all times. Do not tie up pets at site and leave them unattended.
- Please clean up after pets.
- Owners are responsible for the actions of their pets and the pets of their guests.
Reservation & Payment Policy
- The rates displayed do not include any applicable service fees or charges for optional incidentals.
- Your credit card will be charged Itinerary Total prior to arrival, up to a maximum deposit of one night rack rate. Any remaining balance will be due on arrival.
- Prices and site type are subject to availability.
- Rates based on 4 people (2 adults/2 children).
- By using a credit card for a deposit, guarantee or payment, you agree to the following: I authorize MHC Property Management L.P. to charge any expenses incurred during my stay to that credit card or apply fundsI have on deposit with MHC Property Management L.P.against what I owe.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
- In the case of multiple sites booked, cancellation penalties apply to each site that is cancelled or changed.
- No refunds will be issued for early check-out.
- RV campsites: We allow full refunds for cancellations up to 48 hours prior to your arrival date for daily and weekly reservations.
- Rental accommodations: We allow full refunds for cancellations 7 days prior to your arrival date for daily and weekly reservations.
- Daily and weekly reservations: For cancellations received less than the required notice period prior to arrival, your deposit will be forfeited up to one night rack rate.
- Extended stays: For long-term reservations (28 days or longer) we allow full refunds for cancellations up to 60 days prior to your arrival date. For cancellations received less than the required notice period prior to arrival, the deposit amount will be held on account for a future stay.
WiFi Availability & Associated Fees
The WiFi project for Drummer Boy is now underway. This includes park wide WiFi (will be a paid service) and 4 hotspots – Lincoln Hall, Arcade, Activity Pool, and Pavilion (complimentary to guests).
- Honey Wagon: No Honey Wagon Service
- RV Storage: No storage available.
- Golf Carts Operation & Rental: Please visit the front office for more information on reserving a golf cart. In order to rent or drive golf cart, guests must be 21 or older with a valid driver's license. $25 Golf cart registration fee is collected at check-in. Guests are encouraged to reserve golf carts in advance. In order to obtain rental confirmation, guests must pay in full and reserve a minimum of two (2) days. Electric and gas carts are permitted. Proof of insurance is required.
- Propane: 20 lbs. $21.20; 30 lbs. $29.68; 40 lbs. $37.10
Waterslide Instructions & Regulations
- The waterslide can be exhilarating and intense. Please observe before you participate in this activity.
- This slide is not advised for beginning swimmers. Participants must be a minimum 48 inches tall.
- Participation in this ride is restricted to individuals free from physical limitations which include but may not be limited to: pregnancy, history of heart, back, neck and/or joint problems. Individuals with any of the above listed conditions should not ride the waterslide.
- Follow all safety directions given by lifeguards.
- Enter the launch area only after being instructed to do so by the lifeguard. While on the ride you must keep legs crossed at ankles, extended straight ahead and wait.
- Once the lifeguard instructs you to proceed, keep arms crossed in front of your chest, and legs crossed at ankles throughout the entire ride.
- Caution advised! Due to the slippery surface of this ride the following activities are prohibited: standing, horseplay, kneeling, or aggressive stunts.
- Do not attempt to use your hands and/or arms, legs and/or feet to control the speed of the ride.
- Each person must go down the slide individually.
- Any violation of the rules could result in injury, or your ride privileges may be revoked.